Day Five





I think I want to live in the jungle. We took our first trip out of town today. I'm not sure I could do it right away though because to live there you need a few skills that would take me at least a couple months to develop. I need to be able to ride a bicycle carrying at least 2 other people, ride two bikes at once, and ride a bike carrying an arm full of fire wood. And then there are certain rules of the road that I would need to figure out when I got there. Does the bike yield to the horse and the horse to the bus? What if about two horse pulling a carriage? Seriously though it was really pretty and by getting out of the city the smell of burning trash wasn't quite so overwhelming. The soil was great and you could grow about anything. The flowers were awesome. Of course I love grandma's bachelor buttons but the orchids here are terrific.

Should I go on...fruit trees don't need much encouragement but apparently the Noni fruit are causing vision impairment. But the same guy that told us that also used a metal wire held around his waist to find where the water was in the field. Now I was a little skeptical of water divination at first but I couldn't argue with the results. The wire indicated that there was water right in the corner of the field at the highest elevation so the water could flood irrigate the entire plot.






1 comment: