Day Three



First day on the job. I can't figure this dress code out. I thought we were in a tropical country sandals and flower-patterned shirts right? After the formal introductions I put on my church shoes...and the guys here are always wearing pants. Anyhow a little after that Eric helped me make my well presentation to our Jefe. That's really where my engineering experience paid off. You have to say everything as if you've been doing it for fourty years already and there is no other conceivable way it could be done. (And if there turns out to be a problem it must have been some error in translation.) I had to rely on that fast because I know nothing about wells and in our morning meeting Jefe, sitting behind his desk, paused, leaned into his chair and looking at me said, “we'd like to take advantage of your skills. Tell me what you know about wells.” Fortunately I did sit next to a well engineer on the flight from Salt Lake to Kansas City so he gave me a few pointers that I then relaid to the group.

I spent the rest of the day trying to figure out what material we'll need and where to get it. Sounds like we'll go out in a few days to dig a well.

No comments:

Post a Comment